Saint Leo University is one of the largest and most innovative Catholic universities in the United States. Saint Leo enrolls students at the traditional University Campus, at more than 40 education centers and offices, and through SLU Worldwide. University-wide, Saint Leo enrolls students from 49 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories, and 86 countries. Saint Leo University ranks as one of the nation’s leading providers of higher education for active duty military and veterans, and it is a nationally recognized leader in online education.
The Department of Education is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, faculty position to teach Health and Wellness courses at our main campus in Saint Leo, Florida.
This is a nine (9) month, full-time faculty appointment at the Instructor, Assistant, or Associate rank.
An exceptional candidate possessing a doctorate degree with experience may be considered at the Associate level.
Review of candidate materials begins immediately for anticipated start date of July 2018.
This position is pending final budget approval for fiscal year 2018 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
To apply, please upload the following required documents to the "applicant packet" section of the application as one complete file (.PDF or Word format).
For Education Postings, we must include the following in addition to 1-8 above.
9. Teaching Certificate
10. Evidence of clinical educator training
11. Evidence of 60 hours of ESOL training
*Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are “Issued to Student” or issued to another institution are not accepted.
Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs – MC 2006
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
The faculty member will be required to:
* Teach four (4) classes per semester;
* Advise students;
* Assess, assist, and guide online adjuncts under the direction of the department chair;
* Engage in curriculum development;
* Support recruiting efforts;
* Demonstrate professional development (e.g., scholarly research);
* Undertake community service in keeping with the school’s Benedictine values;
* Teach on-ground, online; and
* Teach undergraduate and graduate classes.
* Be able to teach traditional and non-traditional age students; and
* Demonstrate the ability to use discipline-related computer programs.
Master's Degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours in the areas of health, fitness, nutrition, exercise, physical education, or related areas
Doctorate degree in discipline from regionally accredited institution
Previous teaching experience